cab logo final

Debt advice appointments: June 2018

Our Money Advice team are extremely busy this year so appointments are taking a little longer than usual to arrange.

We have a Duty Debt Drop-in service between 10am and 1pm from Monday to Friday.  If you are worried about debt or money you can call in to speak to a specialist debt adviser during those times without an appointment.  The adviser will be able to advise you about any emergencies and will explain how our service may be able to help you.  All our services are free, independent and confidential.

If you can’t make it to the Drop-in we may be able to offer you an out-of-hours Duty Debt appointment.  Contact the debt team administration line on 01738 450590 or email Andrew Scobie (debt team admin) at the following address: Andrew.Scobie@Perthcab.casonline.org.uk.


Universal Credit update 11th June 2018

The full service rollout of Universal Credit will take place across Perth and Kinross from Wednesday 13th June.  If you are making a new claim for benefit or if you are in receipt of any of the following benefits and you have a change in circumstances then you will have to make an application for Universal Credit.  However, there are exceptions to this are if you are living in supported accommodation, receive a Severe Disability premium or you have three children or more.

There are some situations where Universal Credit does not apply, these are as follows:

  • Most people responsible for three or more children will be unable to claim Universal Credit until February 2019.
  • If Tax Credits is the only benefit that you are entitled to and you have a change of circumstances then you should notify HMRC and not make a claim for Universal Credit.  HMRC can be notified online or by phoning 0345 300 3900.


You can find out more about claiming Universal Credit here

If you would like advice about Universal Credit please see our Contact Us page


Advice via Facebook and Twitter

You can follow us on Facebook or Twitter to keep up to date with the work of CAB in Scotland.

Unfortunately we are unable to give advice via Facebook or Twitter because social media is not secure and your personal information might not be safe.

We can give advice by email if that is convenient for you.  Please see our Contact Us page for more information.


Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Form

If you have been sent a PIP form and you would like help to complete it please contact us to make an appointment as soon as possible.  Forms usually have to be returned within 4 weeks and we may not be able to see you straight away.  Telephone 01738 450581 to book an appointment.


Feedback survey

If you have been to see us and would like to leave feedback please complete the questionnaire in the link below.