Our Financial Inclusion project will deliver a series of financial capability workshops in a cooperative
learning style for education and lifelong learning. There is NO charge for these workshops.
Our workshops are designed to be interactive and engaging to help reinforce learning and are suitable
for ages 10 to adulthood, as sessions can be adapted to age and capability.
The workshops help to;
• Improve financial capability through developing financial understanding, initiative, competence,
• Enhance knowledge of basic rights and responsibilities in relation to independent living issues
by helping students address problems on topics such as money matters, employment, benefits,
and housing, health, consumer and citizenship issues.
• Make maths real- by using maths skills in real life contexts.
• Encourage team playing and debate.
Our workshops involve students working in small groups with the maximum of six students to one
trained member of the team. We will bring in the required number of trained staff to cover all of your
class at one time.
Our most popular workshop is CAB Quest, inspired by an idea from Motherwell and Wishaw CAB. CAB
Quest is an interactive workshop suitable from age 10 into adulthood (adapted to age and capability) and is
based around a specially designed and developed board game. This workshop helps to;
• Increase young people’s understanding of percentages and how interest rates have an impact
on the amount of money borrowed or saved.
• Improve knowledge of financial jargon and products.
• Increase understanding of writing a financial statement, managing a day to day budget
prioritising essential and non-essential spending.
• Extend and develop problem solving skills, on topics such as money matters, employment,
health, benefits, and housing, consumer and citizenship issues.
• Stimulate knowledge by sharing thoughts and promoting discussion.
• Improve young people’s aptitude, attitudes and behaviours towards
• Broaden students’ knowledge on where to access free and
confidential advice on a variety of topics.
• Promote and raise awareness of Perth Citizens Advice Bureau.